HI THERE. Interested in Queer Arts? Of course you are. Want to be a part of this year's SHOUT team? Of course you do.
There are loads of ways to get involved in supporting this year's festival. Volunteering is a brilliant opportunity for anyone looking to gain more experience with the arts and festivals in Birmingham, and to be a part of the midlands only queer arts festival.
We are looking for confident, approachable, friendly and all kinds of other superlative people to get involved with this year's festival.
Why volunteer for SHOUT?
- Take a key role in making Birmingham’s queer arts festival happen.
- Meet other brilliant people, work with artists, and
- Get first-hand experience of working on a festival, building up new skills, get some training, and get to grips with how to put on and deliver arts events and festivals at some of Birmingham’s most prestigious and exciting venues.
- Oh, and did we mention you’ll get so see some performances and come to some festival events for free (subject to availability), and there’s a highly desirable festival t-shirt.
What will volunteering involve?
- You’ll be the face of the festival, meeting and greeting audiences at performances and events, welcoming visitors to venues and to the city, and providing information about the festival.
- You’ll help support the production team, setting up events (occasionally putting up a lot of gold shimmer curtain), helping us get things ready, supporting the artists, getting audience feedback etc.
- You’ll assist with getting ready for the festival, distributing brochures and flyers, helping with spreading the word, and making sure each of the festival’s 15 venues is ready for us to arrive.
- If there’s something in particular you want to build up your experience in then let us know and we’ll always try to find ways to help you gain specific experience.
You’ll need to be over 18 to volunteer for us. To become a volunteer you'll need to complete and Volunteer Application Form
and Availability Form.
***CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION PACK***
Please email any inquires and all completed forms over to email@example.com, the deadline for applications is Wednesday 24th October at midday.
Please note that all volunteers must be available to attend a Volunteer induction on Thursday 1st November at 6:30pm.